Thursday, August 5, 2010

Time's up, Los Angeles.

I'm down to my last few hours here in Los Angeles, and I have still yet to finish packing. It's mostly procrastination, of course, and the fact that I'd rather be listening to music and thinking about DJ sets, but I'm also overwhelmed. There is so much stuff to take. Audio gear, DJ gear, clothes, books... fuck. The only thing I can think is, "I hope there's an elevator where I'll be living, 'cause this will be a bitch to carry up four flights of stairs." With my luck, there won't be, but honestly, I wouldn't have it any other way.

I'm also super not looking forward to my 20 hour trip to get to Vietnam. Sure, I have time to read some books, do some writing, maybe work on some music (of course I'll be taking my laptop on the plane), and brush up on my Vietnamese (through one of the books I'm taking, not the passengers), but holy hell... 20 hours?!? I think we get three meals on the plane. Breakfast, lunch, dinner. That's pretty ridiculous if you ask me.

What I am looking forward to is my first DJ gig in Vietnam, which just so happens to be the day I land. This is my first blog post ever, so I'm still not quite sure how to use it to its full extent. I'll be sure to take pictures of this event, which of course will go all over Facebook, but I'll try to post some cool stuff here every now and then.

So yes, this is my first post, and it's quite a boring one, but hey, I haven't left yet. The stories have yet to come, and trust me, they will come. I am here for your entertainment. I will not let you down.

Like I always say: "Make sure to keep your story interesting."

No comments:

Post a Comment